Lists by Tag
Hydraulic flow control can be used to increase the efficiency of irrigation systems, optimize water usage, and balance and protect hydraulic systems.
Water hammer due to valve closing is unfortunately a common risk as valve closing dramatically reduces flow – "blocking" the water path. In this short blog, we look at the problem and recommended solutions.
Water hammer caused by valve slamming at closing.
- Valve: IR-2"-100 series, commanded by external pressure (no specific application is detailed)
- Working pressure: 50 meters / 73 psi
- Command pressure: Not specified
- Flow: 4 l/s (14.4 m3/h) / 63.4 gpm
- Flow velocity: 2m/s / 6.5 f/s