Lists by Tag
Water hammer due to valve closing is unfortunately a common risk as valve closing dramatically reduces flow – "blocking" the water path. In this short blog, we look at the problem and recommended solutions.
Water hammer caused by valve slamming at closing.
- Valve: IR-2"-100 series, commanded by external pressure (no specific application is detailed)
- Working pressure: 50 meters / 73 psi
- Command pressure: Not specified
- Flow: 4 l/s (14.4 m3/h) / 63.4 gpm
- Flow velocity: 2m/s / 6.5 f/s